Thursday, May 27, 2010

one stitch at a time

Take your needle, my child, and work at your pattern; it will come out a rose by and by. Life is like that; one stitch at a time taken patiently, and the pattern will come out all right, like embroidery.
~Oliver Wendell Holmes


I am trying desperately to take each day as it comes,
one foot in front of the other…
willing myself to keep moving forward.

Each day, we choose to keep moving forward
to take our needle,
to work at the pattern,
to follow God’s direction.

It is only in heaven that we see
the masterful embroidery of our lives,
that God had planned for us.

Each day we choose to sew.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I think that is all we really can do. I find myself taking each moment as it comes as each one is different and unpredictable. I love this posts all of them really, they are so inspiring. You and Amelia are so inspiring.

love and prayers to you both!
elena