Thursday, May 13, 2010

bring on the rain

Yet I still belong to you; you hold my right hand.
You guide me with your counsel, leading me to a glorious destiny.
Whom have I in heaven but you?
I desire you more than anything on earth.
My health may fail, and my spirit may grow weak,
but God remains the strength of my heart; he is mine forever.
Psalm 73:23-26 (New Living Translation)


Another rainy day today...

Strings of rainy days leave me questioning why it is so difficult to embrace rainy day, after rainy day. How many rainy days can a person take?!? I am painfully aware that the earth needs a rainy day (or 2, or 3...) and that the rain has a purpose. I also know that it will not rain forever.

Eventually the sun will shine and Noah's sad pleas at our back door will shift from "ray-ning" to persistent tugs to go "ou-side...pease."

How different it would be if we didn't believe the rain would end. How strange to never see a rainbow or feel the sun on your face ever again...

But we know, don't we? We know we will see the sun again.



I have placed my rainbow in the clouds. It is the sign of my covenant with you and with all the earth. When I send clouds over the earth, the rainbow will appear in the clouds, and I will remember my covenant with you and with all living creatures. Genesis 9:13-15

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Melissa,
I am amazed and touched at the godly and loving attitude you share for your precious Amelia. Your phenomenal faith is a beautiful testimony for us all. I was asked to abort my second child and I refused. Thank you for reminding us that all life is precious. You have re-opened my eyes to the wonderful grace of our Savior. We can all learn from your extraordinary faith and love. God bless you and your sweet Amelia Grace.
Much love, Shannon