Friday, May 21, 2010

Amelia's Legacy

"to have her welfare ever at heart that she may be a symphony of high purpose and helpfulness in which there is no discordant note." - Chi Omega Symphony & Creed

When Tim and I were interviewed a few weeks ago for an article about Amelia in the Opinion-Tribune  we were asked what we hoped Amelia's legacy would be. At the time I hadn't thought much about her legacy. As time passes and her purposes here on this earth become evident through the people whose lives she is touching, her legacy has also begun to unfold before our eyes...it is a beautiful legacy.

It is love,
a gift from her father in heaven, to all of us here waiting on earth.

Amelia means a lot of things to a lot of people.
To me she is so many beautiful things.

She is Love, Music, Grace, Hope, Power,
a Daughter, a Sister, a Friend, a Child of God, a Blessing
She is my heart.

She is the melody of the symphony of motherhood.


I want to leave a legacy
How will they remember me?
Did I choose to love?
Did I point to You enough
To make a mark on things?
I want to leave an offering
A child of mercy and grace who
blessed your name unapologetically
And leave that kind of legacy

selected lyrics from "Legacy" - Nichole Nordeman

FYI you can read the Opinion-Tribune articles about Amelia referenced in this entry by clicking on the News Articles page in the blog header!
 

1 comment:

Holly said...

I definitely believe that Carleigh's legacy is greater than I could ever hope for for myself.