Friday, May 14, 2010

An impossible situation

An impossible situation, that's what were in.

It is impossible for our sweet daughter to live. It is impossible that the doctors are wrong. It is impossible to heal her. Yet, she is alive and well with us right now, wiggling away, dancing to music and kicking her legs every time I eat something crunchy. And still, miraculous work is being done in her by the great Physician who heals all wounds.

An impossible situation, that's what were in.

If you would have asked me 8 weeks ago if I would still be breathing if someone told me my baby was not going to live, I would have said, impossible, there is no way I could go on. Yet here I am, still standing, still smiling, and still praising our Lord for the life he has given my baby girl. God is impossibly good.

An impossible situation, that's what were in.

My little church is facing some serious decisions about the direction in which we should turn ourselves. There are doubts and fears looming heavy over our pews. "We can't," "it won't work," and "we've tried that's" seem louder than our hopes. Yet, we prayed for God to lead us, to use us and guide us in serving him. Have we been given the help for which we asked, but are to afraid, to tired and to sure of our limits to go where God is sending us?

An impossible situation, that's what were in.

I am tired, I am afraid. I am faced with the impossible,
have you been where I am?
Does it all seem impossible for you?

That's because it is impossible - for us.

.............................................................
Jesus replied, "What is impossible with men is possible with God."
Luke 18:27 
 
  He replied, "Because you have so little faith. I tell you the truth, if you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can say to this mountain, 'Move from here to there' and it will move. Nothing will be impossible for you." Matthew 17:20

For nothing is impossible with God." Luke 1:37

For the world is full of zanies and fools
Who don't believe in sensible rules
And won't believe what sensible people say
And because these daft and dewey-eyed dopes
keep building up Impossible hopes
Impossible things are happening every day!
Lyrics from 'Impossible'
- Rodgers And Hammerstein's Cinderella
 
 

5 comments:

Charity Nee said...

Trust Him... always. The last verse you quoted is forever one of my favorites... have you ever watched Facing the Giants?
My heart is breaking for you - but God is in control. And we have to believe that...or else we will despair.
Praying!!!
((((hugs))))

Unknown said...

I love your last quote too. Impossible things happen everyday. There is nothing wrong with having a little hope. I love how you post and incorporate scripture to go along with what you are feeling. You are an amazing woman! Amelia sounds so cute with her moving around when you eat something crunchy :) sounds like she knows what she likes. I love that she likes to dance to music!

love and prayers
elena

Unknown said...

Correction there is nothing wrong with having hope.

*hug*

Holly said...

My God is the god of impossible things.

We don't know what we are fully capable of until we are put to the test. But God knows.

Jennifer said...

So true! That reminds me of when I was pregnant with Eli and people would say, "God does not put more on you than you can handle." I would always respond with "No, God will not put more on me than HE can handle!" Without Him we could handle little. If we give it to Him, He will handle it. Our church is in a very similar situation, so I understand that also! Praying as always!