Saturday, May 01, 2010

about your Father

He didn't tell me how to live; he lived, and let me watch him do it. Clarence Budington Kelland


Dearest Amelia,
 
There is someone I want you to know, he is your father. When I tell you he is amazing, it is only because I don't have fitting words to describe him to you. Even as I write this I am filled with a peace I can't explain. Filled with peace because deep in my soul I know that you already know him and have felt his presence.
 
His hands are strong and gentle. They have held you all along.
 
He loves you as only a father can, because he loves you with an everlasting love.
 
You are his treasured possession. His beloved.
 
He will wipe every tear from your eyes, 'cause that's what the best Daddy's do.
 
and most importantly my sweet baby...know that nothing will ever separate you from his love.
 
And that brings me to the most awesome part of it all;
yes baby girl there is more.
You have more than one father loving you.
I can understand how you could hardly believe it's true
you have one father here on earth and one in heaven too!
and what I want to say precious daughter, what I want you to know
so you have no worry or fear
is that they are both here waiting for you.
 
Mommy

1 comment:

Charity Nee said...

Very, very touching. Praying for you!