Tuesday, May 04, 2010

27 Weeks

We had 2 doctor appointments yesterday. One with our OB Dr. Kirsch and the other with the Director of Maternal-Fetal Medicine Dr. Barsoom (I actually call him Super Doc for short...I hope he doesn't mind the promotion!)

Have I already mentioned how lucky I am to have such awesome doctors?!?

Anyway, Dr. Kirsch was a regular appointment which included every mommy's favorite orange drink...the glucose screen. I should find out within a week if I, yet again, have gestational diabetes. Other than that it was routine. We got to hear Amelia's heartbeat again. As always it was GORGEOUS!!!! When we finished up there we headed over to Bergan for our appointment with Dr. Barsoom.

The appointment with Dr. Barsoom was mainly to check the level of amniotic fluid surrounding Amelia. With anencephalic pregnancies there is an increased risk of polyhydramnios (a condition in which there is too much amniotic fluid). So far my fluid levels are "within normal range" for my purposes we will just say I am perfectly full! The best part of the appointment was getting to see my little princess squirm on the "big screen." I love ultrasounds!

Amelia wiggled away on camera. She did her best to cover her face - I am calling it peek-a-boo (I think she may have been slightly annoyed with us). We did get to watch her suck her thumb...just before sticking her tongue out at us, kick her feet, reach for her toes and open and close her mouth. She is sooo cute!

For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well. My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place. When I was woven together in the depths of the earth, your eyes saw my unformed body. All the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be. Psalm 139:13-16 (New International Version)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

So glad you got some pictures and were able watch Amelia on the "big screen" yesterday! Amelia it sounds like you put on quite the show!

Love & Hugs,

Ash

AmyV said...

I am glad you have found Dr's that you can trust as you go thru this. I am sure seeing Amelia on screen dancing around like a little princess is priceless.

Holly said...

I hope you don't get poly. I didn't and I'm so glad!! But I was on the higher end of normal.

There must be something about our babies that make them want to cover their faces b/c Carleigh did too!

Unknown said...

Like Holly I agree they want to play peek a boo or surprise us cause Lilly did cover her face as well. I hope that you don't develop poly...though it doesn't sound like you will being that Amelia can suck which probably means she can swallow as well. I am so glad you got to hear her heartbeat and see her via u/s those are so precious to witness. I am also glad to hear you have very supportive doctors. We were blessed as well in that area and that definitely helps.

love and prayers
elena