Thursday, May 06, 2010

tears and hope

When the LORD brought back the captives to Zion, we were like men who dreamed. Our mouths were filled with laughter, our tongues with songs of joy. Then it was said among the nations, "The LORD has done great things for them." The LORD has done great things for us, and we are filled with joy. Restore our fortunes, O LORD, like streams in the Negev. Those who sow in tears will reap with songs of joy. He who goes out weeping, carrying seed to sow, will return with songs of joy, carrying sheaves with him. Psalm 126

I got the call yesterday from my OB's office. I again have gestational diabetes. I'm not going to lie, when I got off the phone with his office I just started to cry. I truly thought I wasn't going to have to deal with that this pregnancy. I think the tears were waiting, and the disappointment just opened the gates. Yet, as always, the tears were few and the joys abundant.

We have been flooded with kind notes and words from people who read about our precious baby girl in Wednesday's Opinion-Tribune and were touched by our story. We appreciate every effort to extend your thoughts and prayers to our family. We are touched by you.

There are days when God chooses to reveal pieces of his purpose, his intentions to use Amelia and our family for the good of all those he loves. I don't think we will (in this life) see all the ways in which God has used us to do his work but, I am so grateful to see in part the fruits of his work through us, in you.

God is good, all the time.



2 comments:

Holly said...

I'm sorry you have to deal w/ GD again. :(

How wonderful you've been receiving so many nice notes from people!

Unknown said...

I am sorry that you once again have gestational diabetes. The love and support you have surrounding you is amazing and I am grateful that you have that. Thank you once again for sharing your journey with us. I loved when you wrote "the tears were few, and the joys abundant" its such a great way to look at everything. And I completely agree. You have no idea how much you are inspiring people.

love and prayers
elena