Tuesday, June 01, 2010

Written in the sand


"There is no footprint too small
that it cannot leave an imprint on this world."
We spent Memorial Day weekend at the Lake of the Ozarks with friends.

I had one personal goal for our vacation; to get my feet wet and sandy.

As we relaxed on a small beach in front of Captain Ron's I found myself wishing that we never had to leave. I attempted to write Amelia's name in the sand...see above photo...but it kept washing away before I could get a picture snapped.

The irony of my attempts to keep Amelia's name etched in the sandy beach were not lost on me.

Isn't that what I am trying to do now?

Trying to give Amelia's life, Amelia's name in the sand, just a bit longer on this earth. How I wish this time with her would never end, sigh.

No one wants to say goodbye. No one wants to go home from vacation. But all things have an end; vacations, bowls of ice cream, bottled water, ...life.

I am learning everyday that there will never be enough on this earth, in this life, to satisfy me.

Our time with little Amelia will never be enough.

I will always yearn for more. I will always be thirsty, as long as I am here on earth.
Posted by Picasa

O God, you are my God,
earnestly I seek you;
my soul thirsts for you,
my body longs for you,
in a dry and weary land
where there is no water.
Psalm 63:1

4 comments:

Jennifer said...

Beautiful!

Holly said...

You're completely right. There will never be enough time no matter how much we are given. It doesn't satisfy but one day we will be fully satisfied.

AmyV said...

I agree. Never enough...

Unknown said...

What a beautiful post. You are right, no time will ever be enough. Very well said.

love and prayers
elena