So many of you have said to me...
"If there is anything I can do - just ask."
Well here goes nothing...
Please donate blood this Saturday or choose a day in June to honor Amelia with a blood donation.
Just make an appointment, please.
When you give blood, you are giving the gift of life.
Have you really thought about how amazing that is?!?
If Amelia's story has given you nothing else, I hope that it has given you a new appreciation for the life that you have been given and reminded you to treasure it; to give thanks and to give back.
So this month,
We sooo appreciate your prayers,
We love your emails and blog comments,
Cards are great,
you bet I'll take a hug (or two),
But what I really want,
especially this week and month is
I have heard that the Omaha blood drive slots are pretty much full...but there are still openings at the Glenwood drive. Call Joe (402-650-8295) to make your appointment at the Mills County YMCA - Glenwood (110 Sivers Road) 8am-2pm
OR contact your local Red Cross and make an appointment. To find out where you can donate, visit http://www.redcrossblood.org/ or call 1-800-GIVE-LIFE (1-800-448-3543).
Top Ten Reasons to Donate Blood
1. You will get free juice and cookies. (I've heard the food, not just snacks, at Amelia's drives will be extra yummy!)
2. You will weigh less - one pint less when you leave than when you came in.
3. It's easy and convenient - it only takes about an hour (7-10 minutes of actual donation time)
4. It's something you can spare - most people have blood to spare... yet, there is still not enough to go around.
5. Nobody can ask you to do any heavy lifting as long as you have the bandage on. You can wear it for as long as you like. It's your badge of honor.
6. You will walk a little taller afterwards - you will feel good about yourself.
7. You will be helping to ensure that blood is there when you or someone close to you may need it. Most people don't think they'll ever need blood, but many do.
8. It's something you can do on equal footing with the rich and famous - blood is something money can't buy. Only something one person can give to another.
9. You will be someone's hero - you may give a newborn, a child, a mother or a father, a brother, or a sister another chance at life. In fact, you may help save up to three lives with just one donation.
10. It's the right thing to do.
A Different Kind of Before and After
9 hours ago