Thursday, September 30, 2010

a change

Back in August,
you might recall a post detailing the story behind
Noah's "ahhfly for sisa."

I am excited to share that
the butterfly we took to Amelia's grave
a few weeks back is still there
in the same spot,
but with one small change.

The rain & elements have begun to wash away its color.
It is a changed butterfly.
No longer a bright blue,
it is now almost white.

I had planned on waiting for it to be completely transformed
before I shared our new "white" ahhfly with you
but I just couldn't wait to show you
what God is doing.

In my prayers I had, selfishly & foolishly,
asked God to keep sending us butterflies (even in the winter)
He is still sending me butterflies.
And as if that isn't enough,
God is clothing Amelia's little butterfly;
in his color of choice,
white.
It's no miracle by any stretch,
or then again maybe it is,
but it means so much to me.

It's a reminder of the miracle God has already given us
in his son, Jesus.
He has washed away our blues.
He has clothed us in white;
a gown & soul bought and paid for
white as snow.

"For all of you who were baptized into Christ have clothed yourselves with Christ"
Galatians 3:27

“Come now, let’s settle this,”says the Lord.
“Though your sins are like scarlet,
I will make them as white as snow.
Though they are red like crimson,
I will make them as white as wool.
Isaiah 1:18

The Resurrection
After the Sabbath, at dawn on the first day of the week, Mary Magdalene and the other Mary went to look at the tomb. There was a violent earthquake, for an angel of the Lord came down from heaven and, going to the tomb, rolled back the stone and sat on it. His appearance was like lightning, and his clothes were white as snow. The guards were so afraid of him that they shook and became like dead men. The angel said to the women, "Do not be afraid, for I know that you are looking for Jesus, who was crucified. He is not here; he has risen, just as he said. Come and see the place where he lay. Then go quickly and tell his disciples: 'He has risen from the dead and is going ahead of you into Galilee. There you will see him.' Now I have told you." So the women hurried away from the tomb, afraid yet filled with joy, and ran to tell his disciples. Suddenly Jesus met them. "Greetings," he said. They came to him, clasped his feet and worshiped him. Then Jesus said to them, "Do not be afraid. Go and tell my brothers to go to Galilee; there they will see me."
Matthew 28

Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

pennynjon said...

Wow. I definitely believe that God comforts us and sends us messages in ways like that! That is amazing. ((hugs))

Lori said...

Beautiful. We've been discussing truly being clothed with Christ in my weekly Bible study....and this morning, I begged God for something from Him and He gave me this: Proverbs 31:25--She is clothed with strength and dignity. She can laugh at the days to come.

I strive for that...and it made me think of you.

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Beautiful post and the butterfly looks so pretty dressed in white.

I came over to give you an award that I received on For Your Tears.
http://wwwforyourtears.blogspot.com/2010/10/one-lovely-blog-award.html

Michelle said...

Hi. I am a new follower of yours and I am stopping by to let u know that I nominatd u for an award- looks like someone beat me to it =) You can stop by my blog if you'd like to know details...no pressure, just wanted to let my followers know about you and your sweet Amelia. (((hugs))

Unknown said...

Butterflies are especially close to my heart. I definitely think God is clothing Amelia's "ahhfly" in his clothing of choice. What a beautiful and touching post. Thinking of you you always. *hugs*