Thursday, April 01, 2010

How can you be so strong?

I have heard varied versions of this question/statement since we first shared the news about Amelia's condition.

there is a very simple answer; I am not strong, I am strengthened.



Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the LORD your God goes with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you." Deuteronomy 31:6

I can do everything through him who gives me strength. Philippians 4:13

God is our refuge and strength, an ever-present help in trouble. Therefore we will not fear, though the earth give way and the mountains fall into the heart of the sea, though its waters roar and foam and the mountains quake with their surging. Psalm 46

2 comments:

Holly said...

I have heard that quite a bit. For one, it is God who gets me through everything. When you are put into a situation like this what choice do you have? You can't just curl up in a ball and wait things out. You still have to live your life. It isn't always easy but God can carry us through both the good and the bad.

Hannah Rose said...

wow I love that! Not strong, but strengthened! So many people have asked me the same question and said "I could never do it." What choice did I have? It's not like I could click my heels and be someone else or somewhere else.