Wednesday, October 13, 2010

11 Weeks - more changes


I cannot tell you the day the change began.
I cannot even tell you when I first noticed it,
but what I can tell you is, that when I did notice it
it, just for a moment, took my breath away.


click to enlarge this image

I received this 3 piece bracelet as a gift from my mother-in-law
not long after we were given Amelia's diagnosis.
I wear it most every day along side my broken watch.
Time and wear has begun to show,
as you can see for yourself,
on just two of the bracelets.

Though you can now see the wear on the phrases
"Through times of strife"
and
"The Lord will carry you,"
the phrase
"Eternal Life"
still shines as though it were
brand new.


If I needed an additional cause to be touched by this gift
(which I didn't) ;)
I have found it over time,
in this gentle reminder
that Jesus love and grace
remains unshaken & untarnished
even on a simple piece of jewelry.
His perfect gift of salvation
through his son Jesus Christ
shines brighter,
and endures longer,
than all the treasures of this world.
Posted by Picasa


Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal.  
2 Corinthians 4:16-18

 

“For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD,
"plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.”
 Jeremiah 29:11

3 comments:

Unknown said...

How very touching, I think its all in timing when we notice things like this. I definitely feel God talks to us and sends us messages as do our loved ones who are with Him. This is definitely an example of that. Very touching post.

Jennifer said...

That gave me chill bumps. I love how God makes himself known to us in our moments of greatest need. I'm sending up a balloon for Amelia Grace Friday!

Holly said...

I love your bracelets and the fact that the eternal life one is not worn is just amazing