Monday, July 02, 2012

July 2, 2006

This is one of my very favorite photos from Tim and my wedding day. The crack in the floor in this photo however, has always bothered me.

As I prepared to post this photo marking our 6th wedding anniversary, I changed my mind about the crack...I now think it rather suits us.

Six years ago today, I could have never imagined how amazing my life with this man would be.
Quoting my mom's dad on my parent's wedding day, my father's wedding speech included this one liner...
are you sure you know what you're doing?
It still makes me giggle to this day.
We had no clue.

All we really knew is how much we loved each other
how much we wanted to be together
to start a life together
to build a family together...
we knew it wasn't going to be perfect
we knew there would be some cracks in the road. 

and still...
we made a promise to each other
to dance through it all
in sickness and in health
in good times and in bad
together.

I can't believe how incredibly blessed I am to have this man as my dance partner.

God is so good.




6 comments:

Ashley Quarles said...

Happy Anniversary!

Jenn @Treasuring Lifes Blessings said...

Happy Anniversary!

Hannah Rose said...

This is precious! Happy Anniversary to you and your hubby! What a beautiful photo :) (p.s. July 2nd is my mom's birthday! It's such a beautiful date...and the middle date of the year.)

Rachel's Mama said...

My depth perception is off... I thought the crazk was in the wall behind you! LOVE THIS PHOTO - so artsy and love that you're dancing ♥ Somehow I missed this post until today :o( Happy Anniversary, belated ♥
love you!

Jennifer said...

I missed it also until just now! Happy Anniversary! I LOVE the photo and the crack is just perfect!

Unknown said...

Happy anniversary! Sorry my wishes came late, I should definitely remember this date. I LOVE this photo, thanks for sharing it :)