Monday, July 25, 2011

Sometimes other people just say it better than I can...

Sometimes the greatest miracles come 
when God changes us and gives us joy in Him, 
even though our prayers aren’t answered 
the way we prayed they would be.  
T. Suzanne Eller
 
It has arrived.
Amelia's birthday week is here.
I can hardly believe it will be a year this Thursday
since we said hello... and goodbye.
I have "watched" several of my baby loss mommy friends navigate their way through the first birthday of their precious babies.
I hurt for them as they reflected, grieved and expressed their love and devotion for their babies as they passed this milestone.
I knew someday soon I would be standing where they were,
grieving as they had done,
celebrating as they were,
but I don't think I ever really processed 
just how much it would hurt,
to be standing here
one year later.

Miss you so much baby girl...

5 comments:

Rachel's Mama said...

my heart can feel your words... love you ♥

Courtney Roth said...

Thinking of you and sweet Amelia this week. Hugs <3

Jennifer said...

You have been on my heart for the last few days! Just know that so many are praying that this week is gentle for you. I will be remembering Amelia with you Thursday! Love and hugs to you my friend!

Jenn - aka honey or mom said...

Praying for you during this time of grieving for Amelia and waiting for Sam. May you feel God's arms holding you close.

pennynjon said...

Thinking of you and your sweet baby girl this week. I hope you are filled with peace on her birthday. Praying for you and Tim. ((huge hugs))