Friday, May 27, 2011

Amelia's Marker


click on the image to enlarge

We went down to the cemetery this evening to place Amelia's Memorial Day wreath and pinwheel. To our surprise her marker had been placed just in time for the holiday. I feel bad that it took us as long as it did to do this last thing for her. I agonized for months over the granite color, size, text, layout, vases...
I hated everything.
Finally I came to the realization
OF COURSE I hate them all
they are grave markers
for our baby girl!



Mary was standing outside the tomb crying, and as she wept, she stooped and looked in. She saw two white-robed angels, one sitting at the head and the other at the foot of the place where the body of Jesus had been lying. “Dear woman, why are you crying?” the angels asked her. “Because they have taken away my Lord,” she replied, “and I don’t know where they have put him.” John 20:11-13










Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

Rachel's Mama said...

It's always nice to have a pleasant surprise at the cemetery. I like the vase too... a safe place to put flowers! I got to Rachel's today to find her flower pot completely broken! I am in the process of trying to "fix" her stone... and I had that same thought... will I ever REALLY LIKE any of them? Maybe if they weren't for a grave for my baby. It's all bittersweet. But I'm glad that your pretty girl has her pretty stone now. Hugs ♥

Amy von Oven said...

I am so glad it was there for you....I understand that feeling of hating everything. I had to pick an urn for BEthany's ashs, ugh...It was so bad, I just cryed. THey were so ugly. I am glad she has a stone, as sad as it is!

Brad and Sarah said...

We agree, it's hard to "like" the stone for our loved one, when we'd rather have them here with us. It is Beautiful and Love the vase. Amelia will be able to smell the flowers all the time. Beautiful!

pennynjon said...

I am glad it is there. I know what you mean, nothing feels right about a tombstone for your child. I love the pinwheel- I got that same one for Ella:)

Holly said...

You got it as perfect as you can. <3

Unknown said...

I think you did a great job. Its so hard making these choices that we know will never be good enough for our babies.