Friday, July 16, 2010

He will carry you.


"Listen to me, O house of Jacob, all you who remain of the house of Israel, you whom I have upheld since you were conceived, and have carried since your birth. Even to your old age and gray hairs I am he, I am he who will sustain you. I have made you and I will carry you; I will sustain you and I will rescue you.
Isaiah 46:3-4


I have come back to this verse so many times on this journey.
Each time I read it I feel as if God is revealing a new secret to me.

In the beginning it was a source of comfort.
God will take care of Amelia.
He knows her and He loves her.
He made her and will carry her safely through
her life
and her death.

In the days that followed
I found encouragement in this verse.
God has carried me since my own conception.
He was not only there at my beginning,
He is the beginning.
He has been at my side every day of my life.
He will not abandon me.
I do not carry the burden alone.

he said,
I will sustain you and I will rescue you.
On the days where I have found it difficult to keeping walking
the road He has laid out before me,
He gives me strength
for each step,
and with each breath
He sustains me.

He says to me,
to Amelia,
to Noah,
to Tim,
to all of us...
I have made you and I will carry you.

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

You are standing so wonderfully firm on your faith. He will carry! Prayers and hugs!

CynthiaS said...

you are so right, I needed this verse today, thank you!

Unknown said...

I love this and I have definitely had to lean on the Lord when I feel I can not do it on my own. He is always with us.

love and prayers
elena