Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Better than a Hallelujah, sometimes.


God loves a lullaby
In a mothers tears in the dead of night
Better than a Hallelujah sometimes.
God loves the drunkards cry,
The soldiers plea not to let him die
Better than a Hallelujah sometimes.

We pour out our miseries
God just hears a melody
Beautiful the mess we are
The honest cries of breaking hearts
Are better than a Hallelujah.

The woman holding on for life,
The dying man giving up the fight
Are better than a Hallelujah sometimes
The tears of shame for what's been done,
The silence when the words won't come
Are better than a Hallelujah sometimes.

Better than a church bell ringing,
Better than a choir singing out, singing out.

Select Lyrics from Better than a Hallelujah - Amy Grant
 
 
I have tried to focus on the joys with this journey
God is taking us on with our sweet little Amelia.
I push away the sorrow, refusing to drown in it,
to let it take me over.
I'm fighting to breathe most days.
 
And still,
God has provided strength.
Friends to encourage
and share the tears.
Faith and his word to provide comfort
when nothing else can.
 
But sometimes I think I try a bit to hard
to hold back the tears,
and forget that God loves to hear
both our cries of joy
and sorrow.
 
 

8 comments:

Jennifer said...

I think you are doing a wonderful thing for Amelia! I know it is hard. I know it is scary, but I also know God will carry you through. It is alright to cry just like it is alright to laugh. Praying for you!

Amber said...

You are such a strong women! With the pain you must feel each and every day and for you to have the courage to share your journey with others is amazing. I agree with Jennifer it is okay to cry and let it out.

AmberV said...

You are such a strong women! With the pain you must feel each and every day and for you to have the courage to share your journey with others is amazing. I agree with Jennifer it is okay to cry and let it out.

pennynjon said...

We only cry because we love them so much. It is okay. Your post made me think of the poem that you shared with me when I posted about trying not to make Ella's blog sad.

When you are sorrowful look again in your heart, and you shall see that in truth you are weeping for that which has been your delight.
Some of you say, “Joy is greater than sorrow,” and others say, “Nay, sorrow is the greater.”
But I say unto you, they are inseparable.
Together they come, and when one sits alone with you at your board, remember that the other is asleep upon your bed.
Verily you are suspended like scales between your sorrow and your joy.
-Kahlil Gibran

You are in my prayers!

Brad and Sarah said...

Love the song, so touching,
(HUGS)
Brad and Sarah

CynthiaS said...

It's wonderful to find joy in such a sorrowful time. I prayed for strength continuously throughout my pregnancy and the Lord provided that to me.

Crying is good too though, I have heard crying cleanses the soul and I believe it. Sometimes a good hard cry is just what is needed.

Praying for you, keep enjoying the time you have left with Amelia :)

Holly said...

Sometimes our tears is all we need to bring to God.

Unknown said...

I love this song! I recently heard it two weeks ago and its amazing! I love Amy Grant.

I believe crying is very good for the soul. I have been told that tears actually release toxins from the body, which is why we feel so good after crying. I was one to hold back my tears, and I still struggle with this, but not as much.

Thinking of you.

many hugs
elena