Wednesday, December 15, 2010

19 Weeks - more heartache


I wait for the LORD, my whole being waits,
and in his word I put my hope.
Psalm 130:5

Carry each other’s burdens,
and in this way you will fulfill the law of Christ.
Galatians 6:2

So far this week has been filled with a lot of heart ache and waiting on the Lord.
The heart ache has not been my own
but heartbreak for some very special baby loss families
who are losing their little rainbow babies.
These families both lost their precious son & daughter
to anencephaly this past year.
We walked through the darkness side by side (and still do)
as we faced carrying our precious babies to term
knowing full well that they were never ours to keep,
but God's precious gifts to us
to care for for just a short while...
We all found out we were expecting again
within days of each other.
I was so moved at God's grace at work in each of us.

It is tempting to lose hope
and gain bitterness at a God who would allow such heartache
to continue
and to multiply.
I am tempted to cry out It's just not fair!!
I am tempted to question God,
but I know the Truth.
Part of me hates the truth,
at least the part of it that includes Satan.

And still, there is just one place
to take this grief and heartbreak.
Broken, I find myself at the foot of the cross,
again,
and always.
I'm thinking I will just pitch a tent here. :)

Seriously though, please say a little prayer for these 2 families and all those trying so desperately to keep hope alive following so great a loss. I will be.







7 comments:

Lisette said...

Praying and praying ((HUGS))

pennynjon said...

Thank you so much Melissa! I just had to let you know that we got the best surprise ever today. We saw a little baby and a heartbeat! It was lower than it should be. The doctor was surprised to see it, but said the odds are still against us but there is hope. I am holding onto that with all of my might and praying that this LO will be okay. Love ya:)

Jennifer said...

Praying, praying and praying more! It is so tempting to just fall at His feet and scream why, why Lord. Praying so hard for theses families right now!

Katy Larsen said...

Definately praying. Sending you lots of love.

CynthiaS said...

My heart is aching with them also. Keeping them in prayers!

Brooke said...

Oh gosh, just praying for your sweet friends. As I got my period yesterday...i cried....because I so badly want to be pregnant again, but I trust that the Lord will allow it when it is time...when he is ready. Just know that that I am praying for those families!

Holly said...

Praying for them as I am sure they are heartbroken even more.