Wednesday, December 22, 2010

20 Weeks - Baby's First Christmas


We never lose the one we love, they live on in our hearts.

This ornament was a gift from my dad's sister (and husband) Ellen.
They gave it to us as a memorial gift the day of Amelia's funeral.
We loved it then.
We love it now.
We'll love it always.

I can't believe it's Christmas - already.
I can't believe she's not going to be here...
there are no words.


Christmas in Heaven
by Wanda White

I see the countless CHRISTMAS TREES
around the world below with tiny lights like
HEAVEN’S STARS reflecting on the snow.
The sight is so SPECTACULAR please wipe away that tear
for I am spending CHRISTMAS WITH JESUS CHRIST this year.

I hear the many CHRISTMAS SONGS
that people hold so dear
but the SOUND OF MUSIC can't compare
with the CHRISTMAS CHOIR up here.

I have no words to tell you of the JOY their voices bring
for it is beyond description to HEAR THE ANGELS SING.

I know HOW MUCH YOU MISS ME,
I see the pain inside your heart
for I am spending CHRISTMAS WITH JESUS CHRIST this year.

I can't tell you of the SPLENDOR
or the PEACE here in this place
Can you just imagine
CHRISTMAS WITH OUR SAVIOR face to face

I'll ask him to LIFT YOUR SPIRIT
as I tell him of your love
so then PRAY FOR ONE ANOTHER
 as you lift your eyes above.
Please let your HEARTS BE JOYFUL
and let your SPIRIT SING
for I am spending CHRISTMAS IN HEAVEN
and I’m walking WITH THE KING


5 comments:

CynthiaS said...

Beautiful ornament!

Jennifer said...

I love the ornament and the poem is so sweet. Sending love and hugs your way and wishing you a Merry Christmas!

Holly said...

I love how that ornament shines!

Kara said...

Such a lovely ornament! And the poem too - our kid's sitter framed this poem for us to put at Karinne's grave. So sweet of her. Wishing you all the best this Christmas!

Sarita Boyette said...

The ornament is lovely and I like the poem, too. Thinking of you as you spend Christmas without your baby girl. Like you, I am comforted to know our baies are with Jesus. xoxo