Wednesday, April 14, 2010

AMelia

I seem to recall learning at some point growing up that the actual name of God was Yahweh (no idea on the spelling in Hebrew or English) which means "I AM".

Moses said to God, "Suppose I go to the Israelites and say to them, 'The God of your fathers has sent me to you,' and they ask me, 'What is his name?' Then what shall I tell them? "God said to Moses, "I am who I am. This is what you are to say to the Israelites: 'I AM has sent me to you.' " Exodus 3:13-14 (NIV)

I am going to need to have a conversation or two with my pastor about this and do a follow up post...
..None the less I wanted to share what I feel is a daily, gentle reminder to me of our LORD’s presence in my life through Amelia.

When I type her name (I try to type it as many times as possible in day because it makes me happy) I often type slower than my brain can tell my fingers to type. More times than not, I am on the second letter of her name before I take my finger off the shift key resulting in this typo...AMelia.

It always makes me smile. I am reminded that God is with us and that he is in control. Coincidence you say? I think not.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I like that! Thanks for sharing with us. What a beautiful post!! I definitely understand typing Amelia's name as often as you can :)

love and prayers
elena