Tuesday, November 16, 2010

just what I needed...

Raise your hand if you love Google.

This morning I needed a little help.
(a personal assistant is probably more accurate)
I thought to myself...you don't need help, you need a little Grace.
And I do, every single day.
Some days I think, I just need Amelia Grace.   sigh
But I know it is His grace that I need more than any other.

Like I said, this morning I needed a bit more grace.
So I Googled it.
I actually typed in the words,
"More Grace"

Google found this:

He Giveth More Grace Annie J. Flint

He giveth more grace as our burdens grow greater,
He sendeth more strength as our labors increase;
To added afflictions He addeth His mercy,
To multiplied trials He multiplies peace.

When we have exhausted our store of endurance,
When our strength has failed ere the day is half done,
When we reach the end of our hoarded resources
Our Father’s full giving is only begun.

Fear not that thy need shall exceed His provision,
Our God ever yearns His resources to share;
Lean hard on the arm everlasting, availing;
The Father both thee and thy load will upbear.

His love has no limits, His grace has no measure,
His power no boundary known unto men;
For out of His infinite riches in Jesus
He giveth, and giveth, and giveth again.

Thank you Jesus,
I love you...
and I love Google.
Melissa

........................................
a little more grace courtesy of The Bible...

We now have this light shining in our hearts, but we ourselves are like fragile clay jars containing this great treasure.This makes it clear that our great power is from God, not from ourselves.

We are pressed on every side by troubles, but we are not crushed. We are perplexed, but not driven to despair. We are hunted down, but never abandoned by God. We get knocked down, but we are not destroyed. Through suffering, our bodies continue to share in the death of Jesus so that the life of Jesus may also be seen in our bodies.

Yes, we live under constant danger of death because we serve Jesus, so that the life of Jesus will be evident in our dying bodies. So we live in the face of death, but this has resulted in eternal life for you.

But we continue to preach because we have the same kind of faith the psalmist had when he said, “I believed in God, so I spoke.” We know that God, who raised the Lord Jesus, will also raise us with Jesus and present us to himself together with you. All of this is for your benefit. And as God’s grace reaches more and more people, there will be great thanksgiving, and God will receive more and more glory.

That is why we never give up. Though our bodies are dying, our spirits are being renewed every day. For our present troubles are small and won’t last very long. Yet they produce for us a glory that vastly outweighs them and will last forever! So we don’t look at the troubles we can see now; rather, we fix our gaze on things that cannot be seen. For the things we see now will soon be gone, but the things we cannot see will last forever.

2 Corinthians 4:7-18

5 comments:

Jennifer said...

This is really beautiful! Praying for God to give all the grace you need! I love google too!

Anonymous said...

Amen. This really touched my heart day. Thank you for all your beautiful writing and sharing.

Anonymous said...

*today instead of day (oops)

CynthiaS said...

I just need a like or love button on this one!

Unknown said...

Thank you for passing this on. I definitely have turned to the Bible when I feel I need a little help. This helped me today so thank you for that. Isn't it amazing how He reaches us and helps us when we need Him to.