Wednesday, September 15, 2010

7 weeks

Wednesdays belong to Amelia.

As we have traveled this road with our little Amelia
Wednesdays have become set apart
from the rest of the week.
Amelia was born on a Wednesday,
baptized on a Wednesday,
died on a Wednesday,
buried on a Wednesday,
each "would be" milestone
falls on Wednesday.

Amelia will forever be our precious daughter,
will always hold a place in our family
and our hearts.
And now I have decided,
she will be my Wednesday.
I will blog on Wednesdays
(maybe a few other days to!)
I will light her candle each Wednesday
and I will set Wednesday aside,
for her.

Wednesdays belong to Amelia.


Monday's child is fair of face,
Tuesday's child is full of grace,
Wednesday's child is full of woe,
Thursday's child has far to go,
Friday's child is loving and giving,
Saturday's child must work for a living,
But the child that's born on the Sabbath day,
Is fair and wise and good and gay.
Author Unknown

3 comments:

Holly said...

Wed is def her day. And how odd that in that poem Wed's child has the word woe.

Unknown said...

What a great way to honor Amelia. I agree with Holly Wed is definitely her day.

Lori said...

I'm a Wednesday's Child...and I've always wondered about that poem and why I had to be full of woe?! And more...as an adult and now a grieving mother...how true it is.

Continuing to pray for you...